To our clients, colleagues, vendors, and suppliers:
Your well-being remains our top priority. The impact of COVID-19 has been intense and relentless and as those affects continues to evolve, we continue to consult with medical experts and health officials, as well as follow recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO), the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and local government sources, including the District of Columbia Department of Health, to provide you with well-informed guidance.
Although our physical offices remain substantially closed, we continue to operate virtually. When, in limited cases, onsite work is required (either in our office, at client site or other site (such as a courthouse), onsite activities are conducted only with advance approval of O’Riordan Bethel management and in accordance with processes tailored to that situation.
The following practical steps – to keep yourself and others healthy – apply in all situations:
Stay home when you are sick.
- If you have had close contact with anyone with a confirmed or suspected COVID‐19 diagnosis, you should seek guidance from your healthcare provider, speak with your employer as needed, and not enter O’Riordan Bethel’s office or a client or other site until you have been cleared by your physician or are able to discontinue home isolation, per CDC guidance on “How to discontinue home isolation.”
- If you experience symptoms consistent with COVID‐19 within the 10-day period prior to your planned entry to O’Riordan Bethel’s office or a client or other site, do not proceed with such entry and consult your healthcare provider as necessary.
- If you have/had a confirmed COVID‐19 diagnosis, do not enter O’Riordan Bethel’s office or a client or other site until you have been cleared by your physician or are able to discontinue home isolation per CDC guidance.
- Do not enter any O’Riordan Bethel’s office or a client or other site if you are prohibited from doing so based on any state quarantine orders on travel between U.S. states and territories.
- If you become ill or experience symptoms consistent with COVID‐19 while at O’Riordan Bethel’s office or a client or other site, seek medical attention immediately, contact your employer and/or project manager as applicable, and refrain from returning to work until you have been cleared by your physician or are able to discontinue home isolation, per CDC guidance.
- If following the onset of such symptoms you receive a positive or presumed positive diagnosis of a communicable disease, please also notify your supervisor to assist with our local jurisdictions’ contact tracing efforts.
- While in O’Riordan Bethel’s office or a client or other site, practice “social distancing” and wear a “face covering”, as those terms are defined by the CDC, at all times unless you are alone in a closed office or other enclosed space.
- We recognize the COVID‐19 situation is challenging for us all. We are committed to being proactive in our response and providing information that will help to keep you informed.
- If you have any other concerns or issues, please discuss with your supervisor or visit the World Health Organization’s website or the Centers for Disease Control’s website for more information.